Sick coral? Please help :(

Joanne Simbulan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy here is very droopy and not pointing up the last couple days. Is that normal? It was opening up every day until 10 days ago. My water quality is perfect

coral.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by perfect water quality? Do you have the parameters for your tank? What changes or adjustments have you made in the last ten or so days that could have upset it?

OP
OP
J

Joanne Simbulan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean that the ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, were all at 0. the PH is at 8.2. I just purchased this tank 3 weeks ago. we moved the tank two hours to my house and set it up, so it might just be in shock? but it was opening up until about 10 days ago. now it looks limp and lifeless as shown in the photo. we did a water change a couple days after we moved the tank cause we couldn't do it at the time we moved the tank since it was on a holiday.

OP
OP
J

Joanne Simbulan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by perfect water quality? Do you have the parameters for your tank? What changes or adjustments have you made in the last ten or so days that could have upset it?

I mean that the ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, were all at 0. the PH is at 8.2. I just purchased this tank 3 weeks ago. we moved the tank two hours to my house and set it up, so it might just be in shock? but it was opening up until about 10 days ago. now it looks limp and lifeless as shown in the photo. we did a water change a couple days after we moved the tank cause we couldn't do it at the time we moved the tank since it was on a holiday."

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it may have some algae bothering it, it looks like some of it actually has brown algae growing on it. I would try cleaning up the area around it with a toothbrush and see if that helps. Otherwise I would try a good water change (20% or so). You do have a good amount of algae in the tank, so the values for nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia will all be skewed due to the algae consuming it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back