Sick fish

Dommerguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning early for work and when I went to turn on the light for the reef I noticed the small clown swimming weird and I proceeded to check the other fish and the wrasse was on the sandbed struggling and my other larger clowns face was almost white. I researched and decided to top off completely and then do a freshwater dip. The clowns look a lot better no more white. The wrasse was not taking well to the dip. I got him in a net and in flow in the display and he seems a bit better. I put him in a breeder box for now as I don’t have a qt tank and I had to go to work. I plan to do a 10g water change (tank is 36) when I’m out of work what meds should I add I’m thinking Paraguard as I think it was brook. HELP

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the tank been up? I would be weary of making big changes based on what fish look like right after the lights go on..... fish look different and act different when sleeping or shortly after

OP
OP
Dommerguy

Dommerguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the tank been up? I would be weary of making big changes based on what fish look like right after the lights go on..... fish look different and act different when sleeping or shortly after
I could tell the difference and they weren’t doing well tank has been up since early November the first fish was 2 weeks after the cycle with half live rock corals doing well.

OP
OP
Dommerguy

Dommerguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: my dad just called me and told me that the wrasse is apparently doing much better after the breeder box in light flow as he jumped out and Is cruising around the reef I’ll post another update when I’m home though so far I’m thinking the fresh dip did me well

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back