Sick flame hawkish

darkwolf703

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I bought my first batch of fish from Dr. Reef my tank is cycled all other fish are doing fine. But this guys doesn’t seem to be doing well.

My first thought was velvet due to labored breathing but I’m not sure. He’s in QT. Although all other fish were with him in obs for a few hours.

Parameters
Ammonia 0.10
Nitrate 0.3
Nitrite 0.43 (water change day working on keeping it down)
ALK 9.0
Salinity 35ppm IMG_2549.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2550.mov
    15.5 MB
  • IMG_2548.mov
    10.1 MB
OP
OP
D

darkwolf703

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I misspoke

Parameters
Ammonia 0.10
Nitrate 0.3
Phosphate 0.43 (water change day working on keeping it down)
ALK 9.0
Salinity 35ppm

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I misspoke

Parameters
Ammonia 0.10
Nitrate 0.3
Phosphate 0.43 (water change day working on keeping it down)
ALK 9.0
Salinity 35ppm

Don't worry about the phosphate, that isn't the issue. Just watch that the ammonia doesn't rise in the isolation tank.

Can you give a clearer time line? How long since this fish was shipped to you?

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey guys,

I bought my first batch of fish from Dr. Reef my tank is cycled all other fish are doing fine. But this guys doesn’t seem to be doing well.

My first thought was velvet due to labored breathing but I’m not sure. He’s in QT. Although all other fish were with him in obs for a few hours.

Parameters
Ammonia 0.10
Nitrate 0.3
Nitrite 0.43 (water change day working on keeping it down)
ALK 9.0
Salinity 35ppm IMG_2549.jpeg
I see a lot of floating debris in video. Disregard Nitrite as it applies to freshater. If ammonia at .1 is true, i'd keep an eye on it.
I suspect this is an API kit you are using and if so, I always suggest for a piece of mind to take a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at

OP
OP
D

darkwolf703

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of floating debris in video. Disregard Nitrite as it applies to freshater. If ammonia at .1 is true, i'd keep an eye on it.
I suspect this is an API kit you are using and if so, I always suggest for a piece of mind to take a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at
The debris is sand. I moved the fish from a tank with sand it hadn’t settled yet. Yes I only have api test kit for ammonia. Phosphate and all are Hanna and nitrate is nyos

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The labored breathing and spotty skin can be a symptom of flukes. However, the quarantine process used by Dr. Reef should have reduced/eliminated the chance of that.
I should have mentioned this first off: you should contact Dr. Reef to ask him if he has any ideas.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back