OP
sp314

sp314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not quite sure what kind of test they used. It was not a api kit I know that. I’m gonna do a 20gallon water change and add the fritz and hope that helps. Really appreciate all the helpful people.
You can add fritz at 1-1.5ml per 10 gallons after you do a water change which I agree with. Do you happen to know what test kit they used? If Api, , I am not comfortable with those numbers
1 1.5ml seems like not a lot. The bottle saids 60ml per 5 gallons established system or should I listen to you ? Thank you

OP
OP
sp314

sp314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 1.5ml seems like not a lot. The bottle saids 60ml per 5 gallons established system or should I listen to you ? Thank you
Just before I was gonna do my water change I just noticed He’s now laying completely on his side. Should I take him out on his own and place him in a separate tank and keep doing water changes on him ? Thanks if anyone has some answers.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any pics or video of the clown in current state under white lighting ?
On the Bacteria, you are now supplementing which goes lower

OP
OP
sp314

sp314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics or video of the clown in current state under white lighting ?
On the Bacteria, you are now supplementing which goes lower
Update: the male unfortunately passed. He was on his side so I tried to remove him to a qt tank as I was changing there water as a last resort but just before I could remove him from his main tank he passed. Thank you to everyone for the help and advice. Hope my female stays healthy now. Gonna keep updates on this thread. Thanks again everyone

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Update: the male unfortunately passed. He was on his side so I tried to remove him to a qt tank as I was changing there water as a last resort but just before I could remove him from his main tank he passed. Thank you to everyone for the help and advice. Hope my female stays healthy now. Gonna keep updates on this thread. Thanks again everyone
Sorry to hear. Maintaining good water quality and diet, you will be on the right path.
Offer just more than flakes and pellets

OP
OP
sp314

sp314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting in this thread again to try and see if anyone has some advice. So the female gold nugget maroon hasn’t eaten since the day my male passed. I’m concerned that she may have the same issue since she’s starting to act the same way he did before he passed. I’m wondering if anyone has any treatments or medications (natural, herbal, whatever pretty much at this point) that I could try since I live in Canada and most fish medicine was removed from stores. I am doing 10gal water changes every 3 days and constantly checking water parameters. Thank you

could she just be lonely since her mate passed and no longer in the tank together?

test kit is api which I know isn’t the most trusted

Running 1/2cup of Seachem matrix carbon

Ph 8.4
Temp 78
Salinity 1.025
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0-5.0ppm
Ammonia 0-0.25 ppm

image.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back