Sick of my Fluval 32.5 flex

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just sick and tired of dealing with this Fluval tank. I have tried every mod with this tank so I recently removed the AIO from my tank. For the moment I am using a Tidal 55 to filter my tank. There’s now is no more surface scum, and the water is clearer too. I have also gained a lot more room for more corals. Right now the tank is cloudy from stirring up the sand. I will be posting more pictures in the up coming days.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Fishyj

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a mighty jet pump, blocked lower intakes, blocked partially the top intakes. No matter what I tried it didn’t work. I may end up putting in a drop in AIO but for now, I think I will just try this and see what happens

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of the same mods as you and have been just as frustrated with the flow/ filtration. We finally just bought an entirely different tank

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking of upgrading but I actually have not had any bad issues with the Flex itself, I just feel I have outgrown it and the dimensions as well as the lid are so limiting.. would love a 60+ like the reefer 250 so I could grab a tang or something..
I found with an upgraded return pump, icecap nano k1 skimmer, and icecap gyre + an additional powerhead, with each facing opposite each other to be really balanced without any dead areas. For the media the Intank 3-tier baskets with floss at the top, a small bag of carbon on one side and some additional live rock in the bottom 2/3rds has been more than enough.

OP
OP
Fishyj

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let’s update. I was not happy with the way the tank looked . It came down to 2 choices, either drill it or turn it back into an AIO. I chose the AIO route. Took everything out and redid the AIO and now it seems to be working better. The next problem was keeping my cat from fishing. Everything seemed so much happier with the (cannot believe that I am going to say it) Fluval lights. I went back to using them with the hood.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a fluval 32 as my prior tank but it was a freshwater planted tank. Worked great in that capacity.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back