Sick pyjamas?

Kaya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I got some fish delivered. All seemed ok. This morning when feeding I noticed one of the new pyjama cardinals alone in a corner. Gave it a closer look and one of it´s eyes are swollen and greyish.

Could this be made by an attack of one of the other pyjamas? They were a bit rough towards the new one last night.
Or is it sick?

Grateful for input!

Bad eye:
1606394698065.png

Good eye:
1606394718329.png

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ewww. ... IME cardinals can be jerks, esp when paired/breeding ..
Usually Pajamas seem less aggressive than Bangais (spelling) but can’t rule out the eye trauma was cause by another fish
Cloudy eyes can “possibly” be caused by physical trauma so I’d let that go personally, it can heal by itself within weeks. There is a treatment for cloudy eyes, API makes one, might be Maracyn (1 or 2) Furan, et.

Again, IME for a single cloudy eye, I wait it out but the more opinions the better

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I got some fish delivered. All seemed ok. This morning when feeding I noticed one of the new pyjama cardinals alone in a corner. Gave it a closer look and one of it´s eyes are swollen and greyish.

Could this be made by an attack of one of the other pyjamas? They were a bit rough towards the new one last night.
Or is it sick?

Grateful for input!

Bad eye:
1606394698065.png

Good eye:
1606394718329.png
One cloudy eye is *usually* due to an injury, often from bumping into a rock when frightened, or from the fishnet used to move them. Be sure that the fish are not continuing to be aggressive to this one, and be sure that its fins are not being damaged. For future reference, it helps to post pictures taken under white light instead of blue.

Jay

OP
OP
Kaya

Kaya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One cloudy eye is *usually* due to an injury, often from bumping into a rock when frightened, or from the fishnet used to move them. Be sure that the fish are not continuing to be aggressive to this one, and be sure that its fins are not being damaged. For future reference, it helps to post pictures taken under white light instead of blue.

Jay
Thanks for reply and good advice! I will keep my (both relatively good) eyes on the fish and hope for the best.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 113 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back