Significant Other / Roommate Appreciation Thread

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to give a shoutout and a huge thank you to my fiance. We have had reef tanks for the last 5 years together and by no means were any of them her idea lol. I could not maintain these things without her though. I travel a lot for work and shes home a lot more than me. She feeds the fish and the corals, does time lapses of the tank, notifies me of any changes in appearance in the tank and even protected some corals when our anemone took a walk. She's awesome and I hope you all have someone as cool as that.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night before bed my gf observed my clownfish breathing heavily and noted some white spots. The fact that she can spot fish illness and doesn't put up a fight for a weekend trip dedicated to going to a fish store are just a few of the many reasons I love @ReeferByProxy

Also I cant net a fish to save my life. She can catch down brooding african cichlids within seconds.

OP
OP
Aldrinlights

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I flooded my husbands woodshop (and half of the house) making RODI water last night and my husband still loves me. He gets a shout out for Significant Other Appreciation. He's the other propeller to my biplane.
Thats awesome! Sounds like a great team to me. =)

OP
OP
Aldrinlights

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night before bed my gf observed my clownfish breathing heavily and noted some white spots. The fact that she can spot fish illness and doesn't put up a fight for a weekend trip dedicated to going to a fish store are just a few of the many reasons I love @ReeferByProxy

Also I cant net a fish to save my life. She can catch down brooding african cichlids within seconds.
Oh man the weekend trips to the fish store. I forgot to mention that. I feel like I've been going EVERY saturday for the last 3 months. She only complains about it very little haha

Tannermule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across this and it seems like everyone is doing the same as me. I love sharing my honny with my girlfriend. We go to fish shops almost every weekend. At this point some of the sales people don't even talk to me they just ask her what she likes and then she convinces me to buy stuff. I feel like she is just as addicted as I am at this point. Wr drove 2hrs to go to a new fish shop just just because we've never been there before and my work week was so bad. I love her so much.

When I see post or videos saying "Top 10 Must Have Items For Keeping A Successful Reef Tank" I always feel like they are missing having some one to share it with. This could be a spouse, coworker, friend or family member. Just someone who keeps you just as excited and wants to see you happy. Love how closer we've become from it.

OP
OP
Aldrinlights

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across this and it seems like everyone is doing the same as me. I love sharing my honny with my girlfriend. We go to fish shops almost every weekend. At this point some of the sales people don't even talk to me they just ask her what she likes and then she convinces me to buy stuff. I feel like she is just as addicted as I am at this point. Wr drove 2hrs to go to a new fish shop just just because we've never been there before and my work week was so bad. I love her so much.

When I see post or videos saying "Top 10 Must Have Items For Keeping A Successful Reef Tank" I always feel like they are missing having some one to share it with. This could be a spouse, coworker, friend or family member. Just someone who keeps you just as excited and wants to see you happy. Love how closer we've become from it.
Thats amazing! A 2 hour drive sounds fun to me. I hope it helped your week be better for sure. Such a great point you raise about the Top 10s haha. I think we should make sure we keep an eye out for threads of people asking what they should have with their new tank builds and mention exactly what you just said. <3

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love supportive spouses! Mine knows exactly how much money and time goes into my reef tank and still encourages me to keep going. She loves the tank, talks about it all the time, and doesn’t miss a chance to go to the LFS with me. She even surprised me a couple of weeks ago with two random frags that she picked up at the LFS on her way home from work. Of course I had to do all the work of acclimating them, dipping the frags, and figuring out what they even were but I’m not complaining. Surprising me with frags is like me buying her flower.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely have to include my wife in here. After all, she did insist on paying for the tank (unfortunately the seller sent the check she paid with through the washing machine.;Dummy:oops: Then it went on my credit card.) Ah but it's the thought that counts. She even "swings by" the LFS on her way home from work to pick up fish food for me. (even though it's in the opposite direction.);Happy

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
original.jpg

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nem took a walk and got caught up in powerhead wife noticed and unplugged the powerhead then carefully pulled out the nem. Every once and awhile I get scolded for not having a Pugh coral.

OP
OP
Aldrinlights

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love supportive spouses! Mine knows exactly how much money and time goes into my reef tank and still encourages me to keep going. She loves the tank, talks about it all the time, and doesn’t miss a chance to go to the LFS with me. She even surprised me a couple of weeks ago with two random frags that she picked up at the LFS on her way home from work. Of course I had to do all the work of acclimating them, dipping the frags, and figuring out what they even were but I’m not complaining. Surprising me with frags is like me buying her flower.
Oh man that's the best. Surprise frags haha! I also have a little experience like that. She will pick out some frags at the LFS too and yes it's my job to do all of said work with them. I'm totally willing though haha. My LFS gives out "Coral Cash" which gives you a discount so I end up giving it to her and then she saves it up and uses it to get half price on frags the next time we go. (meaning I only have to pay half price lol)

OP
OP
Aldrinlights

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiance has been very supportive in my Reef Hobby, but she doesn't really enjoy the hobby, she likes to just look at the end product and name the fish lol.
Well, now it's all up to you to keep them alive. Once they have names they are part of the family haha. Mine also names all the creatures including the corals. They get fun names. My devils hand toadstool is the dandylion.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back