Silent light for Nuvo 20 - Blade? Aquamaxx?

newreeferontheblock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all -

Trying to decide lights for my NUVO 20 (24" long, 12" deep, 13" tall display) and feels like I am going round and round so thought I would ask for some advice:
  • Will be growing softies and maybe some easy LPS, so don't need anything crazy
  • It is in my living dining room about 1 ft from my dining room table, so it needs to be silent
  • Similarly, since it is in a prominent spot the aesthetics matter
  • Finally, I prefer the lighting a bit less blue than most - so the ability to customize is important

Any recommendations that don't break the bank? Right now, leading candidates are:
  • AI Blade - I love the look of these, and was my original first choice, but I don't like that I would need to buy a grow and glow and still not have the full spectrum. Worried the coloring on a grow alone will be too blue and one dimensional
  • Prisim II LED - Probably the leading candidate now.. I am not in love with the controller or the limited information about it - but it seems to check all the boxes

Many of the other popular choices for this tank (Primes, Noo-psyche) seem to have loud fans which have knocked them out of the running.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two a80's from kessil would work. They are fanless and can light the tank without having a blue look to them if you so desire. I like my a80 on my 14g cube tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back