Silica dust

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So having some slab grinding done in a few rooms in my house and wondering what level of concern I should have for silica dust in the air getting into my tank... Thankfully the work will be done at one end of my house which is not the end my tank is in. There is one opening from tank side to work side so got some nice double-sided tape and some good 3mil plastic that I will be sealing said opening with, I will be turning off my HVAC and sealing all the registers on the side the work is being done to keep it out of the ductwork. With some other respirator concerns they will be doing a wet grind on the slab, and they will have a commercial blower/exhaust fan in a door with a window open on the work side.

How concerned should I be with getting this dust in my tank? Is this enough precautions or should I also drape something over the tank and stand?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it sounds like you have taken good precautions so far. If they are cutting it wet, there hopefully won't be a lot of dust to get into your air vents.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back