Silicone for sump construction

  • Thread starter Thread starter EpicWin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EpicWin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
468
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to do a DIY glass sump. I used GE silicone 1 to adhere the panes of glass together. In doing some research it seems that it may not be a good idea and that I may need to use something else. Anyone know or have experience with this?
 
also used it on all of my sumps with no problem $3 at walmart

just so you know they did change the labels but its the same stuff
 
It would be fine for putting baffles in a sump but I wouldnt recommend using it to build a tank with its just not made for that and will end up causing the tank to fail. It just doesn't have the strength to hold long term. There are many silicones that would be better to use
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new