Silicone grease keeping my tools going

  • Thread starter Thread starter cilyjr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2011
Messages
2,006
Reaction score
2,200
Location
Arroyo Grande
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone else using Food grade silicone grease on their fragging tools?

A while back, my flex shaft Dremel was starting to bind and I did not want to use Zoom oil on it as this one is only for coral cutting. I lubed the moving parts with food grade silicone grease and it's working great. So I greased up my bone cutters and a pair of channel locks I only use in the tank.
 
Super lube all the way. That's what i use, not just on reef stuff. o-rings, sink seats, etc if it needs to move, super lube.
 
Super lube all the way. That's what i use, not just on reef stuff. o-rings, sink seats, etc if it needs to move, super lube.
Right on, don't know why I didn't think of this 12 years ago...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new