Silicone recomend

Roberto CRC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2015
Messages
684
Reaction score
128
Location
San José, CR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends, i want to know if someone know or could recomend me a silicone that works underwater. also that it doesnt hurt fish or corals.
i dont want to shut down my sump for a hole day.
What can i do?
 
I don't know of any that will cure underwater... let see if someone else dose [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
 
It would need a dry surface to adhere to and I would doubt it would dry well when underwater. Best just to take it offline for a day and do it right the first time.
 
I need do is stick an "extension" glass stage skimmer to its water level is always equal even when no light.

Currently when the power goes out, the water level rises and the skimmer goes crazy when the light returns and the low level, the only way I can think of, recommended by a friend is always keep the same level of water to the skimmer stage which is the first for me.
 
I think you have two issues...

First the outlet for the return pump and skimmer should be on the same strip, next you can add something like a skimmer delay so that when the power comes back on the skimmer waits before it turns on...
http://premiumaquatics.com/products...KpE-FnO4BL4UOyYNPmeiXP5Yk4wYJybhLsaArdV8P8HAQ

7936.jpg
 
I put a time delay on my skimmer, due to adding a DC return pump to my sump.
 
As far as silicone is concerned, I would suggest you use Momentive RTV 108 for clear(translucent) or 103 for black. Cure time is the most important thing when using it, 24 hours minimum.
 
I don´t undestand who is the funcion off this device?

It delays the start of the skimmer for 5 minutes, allowing the water level in the sump to get down to its normal operating height, so it doesn't overflow.
 
I don´t undestand who is the funcion off this device?
Se retrasa el inicio de la depuradora durante 5 minutos, permitiendo que el nivel del agua en el sumidero de ponerse a su altura normal de funcionamiento, por lo que no se desborde.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new