OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef power RPM kept winding itself up on the cord. Dang acrylic is 3/4" thick. I had to use a zip strip that can be screwed in place to secure the cord in the canapy. Seems to have done the trick.

I’m sorry, but that made me laugh - trying to envision that. Mine are mounted to my overflow, so only asking the magnets to handle 1/4” acrylic.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have 2 Tunze 6255's mounted to the overflow, but I want something a little more forward the front on the wall, so I'll probably by an absurdo magnet and try to mount WAV's there... I was doing the math on this 1164lb fishing magnet on amazon, and it might do the trick. Given the ones you specified were smaller, then yay, it should be more than enough.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Usually I just used a razor blade ..... carefully.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, on the topic of firsts .... had one of my fish actually knock the screen top off it’s moorings today. I hear them hitting it pretty regularly, sometimes enough to splash water onto the floor; but never hard enough to knock it out.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playing around with lighting a bit this week. The release of the new Kessil 360X proved irresistible, particularly since one of my older 360 pendants had recently failed, so I picked up a couple. Nice lights! Not yet sure they’re worth the sizable premium over the older model 360, but we shall see. Dimming effect is quite seductive, and the addition of violet useful. This is the light dimmed down to about 5%. It doesn’t go completely down to black, but much closer than the older model.

F80F7FD3-7534-4A98-B10D-C29BFEE471B4.jpeg

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Been playing around with lighting a bit this week. The release of the new Kessil 360X proved irresistible, particularly since one of my older 360 pendants had recently failed, so I picked up a couple. Nice lights! Not yet sure they’re worth the sizable premium over the older model 360, but we shall see. Dimming effect is quite seductive, and the addition of violet useful.

You have a way with words @ca1ore. It does have a nice form factor and they seem well built. If I was to buy an over the counter package it would probably be a Kessil.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I write for a living (well, partly) and have that British tendency for flowery prose. Even try to weave in the occasional whilst :D. It’s all I can do to not be correcting folk’s grammar (which can get annoying lol) .... that particular torture I save for my kids.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all I can do to not be correcting folk’s grammar (which can get annoying lol) .... that particular torture I save for my kids.

Ha! I have written for years and yes, I hold my tongue at grammar errors. It make me cringe, but I refuse to be the grammar police.

My new pet peeve? People who use convenient texting abbreviations in more formal forms of writing. :mad:

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I write for a living (well, partly) and have that British tendency for flowery prose. Even try to weave in the occasional whilst :D. It’s all I can do to not be correcting folk’s grammar (which can get annoying lol) .... that particular torture I save for my kids.
Are you from England? I write like a hillbilly with the purpose of being silly when on fish forums. Typing on an iPad has definitely changed my writing style. I am a capable writer, but tend to be short, and direct as the type of writing I do most often is nurses notes in patient charts. Short, to the point.

U

User1

View Badges
Are you from England? I write like a hillbilly with the purpose of being silly when on fish forums. Typing on an iPad has definitely changed my writing style. I am a capable writer, but tend to be short, and direct as the type of writing I do most often is nurses notes in patient charts. Short, to the point.
Are you a nurse?

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back