OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they go fast. I failed twice before finally getting there in time. One is sufficient LOL - a testy little fish.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - that is the one. Oh - bummer on the temperature. That Starcki I was talking about was posted at 1700 and sold at 1701. I wanted to smack someone!!!!

Took me longer than I care to admit that o thought this was auction $ and not [emoji935]

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re English? I knew there was something dodgy with you!

I’m expat welsh/ Scottish hybrid. Been here 11 years.

Cool …. two of my favorite countries. I'm here (including a stint in Canada) for 48 years - born British, raised American …. what's better than that LOL.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I’m essentially at max for fish, looking for something to do on the tank. I need to address creeping nutrient levels. Current ATS just isn’t big enough, so I’m collecting materials to make a bigger one; which I shall document in a separate article. Got to earn the green article contributor banner after all. What HAVE you done for me lately .... :D.

Whilst I am at it, am also going to move my mangrove bonsai into a dedicated tank. Have a small Mr. Aqua (I guess all the good names were taken) sitting around that I can press into service. Also need to use that moldy container of miracle mud that’s been in the fish closet (if miracle mud collects dust do you even notice) for a while.

Went about setting up the second Kessil 360X ..... grrrr, no k-link cable included with the light. Really, can’t include a $4 usb c cable with a $450 light. Thank goodness for amazon prime.

Last edited:

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I’m essentially at max for fish, looking for something to do on the tank. I need to address creeping nutrient levels. Current ATS just isn’t big enough, so I’m collecting materials to make a bigger one; which I shall document in a separate article. Got to earn the green article contributor banner after all. What HAVE you done for me lately .... :D.

Whilst I am at it, am also going to move my mangrove bonsai into a dedicated tank. Have a small Mr. Aqua (I guess all the good names were taken) sitting around that I can press into service. Also need to use that moldy container of miracle mud that’s been in the fish closet (if miracle mud collects dust do you even notice) for a while.

Went about setting up the second Kessil 360X ..... grrrr, no k-link cable included with the light. Really, can’t include a $4 usb c cable with a $450 light. Thank goodness for amazon prime.
There is that adorable whilst...lol.
Oooh! Does this mean some updated pictures of your Frankenstein fishroom? Jumpin up and down!

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is that adorable whilst...lol.
Oooh! Does this mean some updated pictures of your Frankenstein fishroom? Jumpin up and down!

‘‘Twas a bit forced if I do say .....

I’ll post a few fish room shots. Mostly the same probably.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of shots for fish-room-ophiles (a bit grainy, sorry) ......

779CF449-5C3B-4FA0-A7E7-7F1F599BA083.jpeg

2A59CAD9-BD2A-4150-A55F-65F8C5236534.jpeg

First is my connected refugium - haven for anything that cannot thrive in the big tank, mostly zoos, a large gorgonian and frogspawn. Second is my just installed mangrove ‘bonsai’ tank. Why bonsai you might ask - what else would you call a ‘tree’ that grows at a glacial place and produces teeny, tiny leaves? Exactly! Oh, and it’s refuge for my temperamental, and apparently unsociable, elegance coral that doesn’t like flow and needs to be buried to the top edge of the skeleton.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty cool ....

Clowns lay eggs regularly, but usually on the back side of the anemone rock. I have a perfect record of raising the babies ..... not a single one!

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - that is the one. Oh - bummer on the temperature. That Starcki I was talking about was posted at 1700 and sold at 1701. I wanted to smack someone!!!!

Pencil was MIA for a few days so I was starting to think it was a goner; but there it was swimming around this morning. Fed it my typical cocktail of brine/mysis/calanus and it ate all of it. Cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pencil was MIA for a few days so I was starting to think it was a goner; but there it was swimming around this morning. Fed it my typical cocktail of brine/mysis/calanus and it ate all of it. Cautiously optimistic.
That sounds pretty good to me.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back