Simple Tank Brand Recommendations (29 to 36 gallons)

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have had a tank for awhile, someone set it up for me. I know maintenance and fish care.
But I want to do a simple small tank (like a 32 gal or a 29 gal) that I set up myself from the start. The max I would go is 36 gallons.
I want a tank that can be used for fish quarantine then later coral quarantine. So great “coral” lighting is not a priority right now.
Looked at the Biocube 32 , Aqueon 36 bow front, Marineland, Top Fin...
Can you make suggestions on a reliable tank that is easy to set up. I am looking for your suggestions.
Interested in:
Brand names of tanks you recommend in this size
  • That are easy to set up
  • Have their own LED lighting if possible.
  • Good safety record (don’t overheat, leak...)
Thanks.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look into the biocube or the innovative marine. Nice thing about them is they're all in one. Your filtration and everything is built into it so theres no sump or plumbing which makes setup a breeze as it's all right there ready to go :)

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have had a tank for awhile, someone set it up for me. I know maintenance and fish care.
But I want to do a simple small tank (like a 32 gal or a 29 gal) that I set up myself from the start. The max I would go is 36 gallons.
I want a tank that can be used for fish quarantine then later coral quarantine. So great “coral” lighting is not a priority right now.
Looked at the Biocube 32 , Aqueon 36 bow front, Marineland, Top Fin...
Can you make suggestions on a reliable tank that is easy to set up. I am looking for your suggestions.
Interested in:
Brand names of tanks you recommend in this size
  • That are easy to set up
  • Have their own LED lighting if possible.
  • Good safety record (don’t overheat, leak...)
Thanks.

The downside to the Aqueon, Marineland, etc. Bowfront kits is that you will end up replacing everything but the tank and the lid itself (aka wasting money that could be spent on things you need). I had the Aqueon 36 gallon bowfront and I did replace everything but the tank itself and the lid. It was a cool looking tank to be sure, but I spent about as much on my used 90 gallon setup as I did on the 36 gallon bowfront. If I was starting off small and could do it over again, I would go with a 20 gallon Long build or a 40 gallon breeder setup (picked up on the cheap at a Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale). This vid will give you the setup for a 20 gallon long FOWLR (Fish Only With Live Rock) setup for relatively cheap and is very inclusive:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back