Simple Tank Brand Recommendations (29 to 36 gallons)

Eva Rose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,305
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have had a tank for awhile, someone set it up for me. I know maintenance and fish care.
But I want to do a simple small tank (like a 32 gal or a 29 gal) that I set up myself from the start. The max I would go is 36 gallons.
I want a tank that can be used for fish quarantine then later coral quarantine. So great “coral” lighting is not a priority right now.
Looked at the Biocube 32 , Aqueon 36 bow front, Marineland, Top Fin...
Can you make suggestions on a reliable tank that is easy to set up. I am looking for your suggestions.
Interested in:
Brand names of tanks you recommend in this size
  • That are easy to set up
  • Have their own LED lighting if possible.
  • Good safety record (don’t overheat, leak...)
Thanks.
 
I would look into the biocube or the innovative marine. Nice thing about them is they're all in one. Your filtration and everything is built into it so theres no sump or plumbing which makes setup a breeze as it's all right there ready to go :)
 
While I have had a tank for awhile, someone set it up for me. I know maintenance and fish care.
But I want to do a simple small tank (like a 32 gal or a 29 gal) that I set up myself from the start. The max I would go is 36 gallons.
I want a tank that can be used for fish quarantine then later coral quarantine. So great “coral” lighting is not a priority right now.
Looked at the Biocube 32 , Aqueon 36 bow front, Marineland, Top Fin...
Can you make suggestions on a reliable tank that is easy to set up. I am looking for your suggestions.
Interested in:
Brand names of tanks you recommend in this size
  • That are easy to set up
  • Have their own LED lighting if possible.
  • Good safety record (don’t overheat, leak...)
Thanks.

The downside to the Aqueon, Marineland, etc. Bowfront kits is that you will end up replacing everything but the tank and the lid itself (aka wasting money that could be spent on things you need). I had the Aqueon 36 gallon bowfront and I did replace everything but the tank itself and the lid. It was a cool looking tank to be sure, but I spent about as much on my used 90 gallon setup as I did on the 36 gallon bowfront. If I was starting off small and could do it over again, I would go with a 20 gallon Long build or a 40 gallon breeder setup (picked up on the cheap at a Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale). This vid will give you the setup for a 20 gallon long FOWLR (Fish Only With Live Rock) setup for relatively cheap and is very inclusive:

 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new