Simplicity 120dc skimmer issues

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a simplicity dc120 skimmer and no matter what I do I can't turn it above power level 4 without it making a ton of groaning/squealing noise, like wake you up loud in the next room. If I turn it off for a day then restart at power level 4 it works for a long time unless it turn it up. It's really annoying. Anyone else have this issue with a skimmer or the simplicity specifically?

Simplicity Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jeeperz,

This sounds like (especially if you were the fellow that emailed me and said this skimmer was many years old) you have our outdated impeller. There was a known sound issue due to overheating ceramic on our impellers from about 3-4 years ago. If you could post a photo of your impeller, or reply to my email we can see if that is indeed the issue which means we'll happily send you a new impeller that will fix it :)

OP
OP
J

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jeeperz,

This sounds like (especially if you were the fellow that emailed me and said this skimmer was many years old) you have our outdated impeller. There was a known sound issue due to overheating ceramic on our impellers from about 3-4 years ago. If you could post a photo of your impeller, or reply to my email we can see if that is indeed the issue which means we'll happily sends you a new impeller that will fix it :)
Yes, that was me. And thank you for the excellent customer service, well out of warranty and providing parts free of charge, now that is support.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back