Simplicity 120dc skimmer issues

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a simplicity dc120 skimmer and no matter what I do I can't turn it above power level 4 without it making a ton of groaning/squealing noise, like wake you up loud in the next room. If I turn it off for a day then restart at power level 4 it works for a long time unless it turn it up. It's really annoying. Anyone else have this issue with a skimmer or the simplicity specifically?

Simplicity Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jeeperz,

This sounds like (especially if you were the fellow that emailed me and said this skimmer was many years old) you have our outdated impeller. There was a known sound issue due to overheating ceramic on our impellers from about 3-4 years ago. If you could post a photo of your impeller, or reply to my email we can see if that is indeed the issue which means we'll happily send you a new impeller that will fix it :)

OP
OP
J

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jeeperz,

This sounds like (especially if you were the fellow that emailed me and said this skimmer was many years old) you have our outdated impeller. There was a known sound issue due to overheating ceramic on our impellers from about 3-4 years ago. If you could post a photo of your impeller, or reply to my email we can see if that is indeed the issue which means we'll happily sends you a new impeller that will fix it :)
Yes, that was me. And thank you for the excellent customer service, well out of warranty and providing parts free of charge, now that is support.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back