Simplicity 120DC skimmer Microbubbles issue

havoc_one

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I have read many of the forums and threads, reviewed the videos, and blogs and cannot seem to even slow the production of Microbubbles from my Simplicity 120DC skimmer. I have it elevated to 8 inches, factory specs indicate 7-9 is ideal. I have tuned it a couple of times to try and reduce this but to no avail. I’m at a loss for what might be causing these to spill out. Seems like they aren’t going up like they should.

attached a video.
Tank is a 90g cube. Seems to be producing foam pretty well, skimming properly
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2147.MOV
    8.2 MB
Looks like its producing correctly. Have you added anything to the system lately??
 
Looks like its producing correctly. Have you added anything to the system lately??
Negative - It has been doing this since day 1, despite retuning. I DID turn it around last night, thinking it might be a flow issue and it seemed to help minutely. I then stacked some bio-media and foam around the outlet and that cut back quite a bit.
 
New skimmers will take up to a couple of weeks to settle in
 
Mine bubbles out of the grey tube you turn to tune it. The valve? Well micro bubbles flow out of that.
I cannot seem to fix this issue
Haven’t reached out to “Simplicity” yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new