Simplicity 240 DC pump disassembly

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stang67
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
13,703
Reaction score
61,229
Location
CLE
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am cleaning my skimmer but can't figure out how to break the pump apart to clean it. Anyone been able to get into the housing to clean out the flywheel? Tried twisting but no dice. Didn't want to break it.
1000011204.jpg
1000011203.jpg
 
Righty tighty, lefty loosey. I don’t have that exact pump but I think they’re all Jebao and twist apart. Sometimes they can be somewhat tight but if you think it’s going to break…get another opinion other than mine
 
Upvote 0
I had a heck of a time of getting the pump off the base plate, it is kinda hard to tell which way to remove it and of course I did it the wrong way and broke the cover.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new