Simplicity DC water pump or non DC

ASurfacePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simplicity gets my vote. Sure they look the same/similar to Jebao but customer service is non-existent with Jebao. Call Simplicity and like the other poster says, they answer the phone and help their customers promptly. Had a bad skimmer pump after 18mo and they took care of me. A+ for Customer Service that seems to be impossible to find in this industry lately.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy the jebao, they are a quality pump, and local stores don't sell them. They are affordable not cheap. I have the best pumps that is iwaki and a mag. They are spares now only used for mixing. Jebaobpays for itself in electric bill savings because it can do 10 X the work of the mag with half the electricity used. Everyone I know loves their jebao product, and they have the same failure rate as the best DC pumps. Having adjustable pump makes the huge difference between AC and DC .

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simplicity gets my vote. Sure they look the same/similar to Jebao but customer service is non-existent with Jebao. Call Simplicity and like the other poster says, they answer the phone and help their customers promptly. Had a bad skimmer pump after 18mo and they took care of me. A+ for Customer Service that seems to be impossible to find in this industry lately.
You don't need customer service it's a dang pump. Buy another and move on. My jebaos all paid for themselves and still working fine for a fraction of the cost

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke the volute on my Simplicity 1600.
Premium Aquatics had a new volute to me in 10 days for $7 and $3 shipping.
So I own several of them now.

Simplicity Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the vote! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

I broke the volute on my Simplicity 1600.
Premium Aquatics had a new volute to me in 10 days for $7 and $3 shipping.
So I own several of them now.
Sorry for the trouble, (while I hate to steal the business...) next time please ping us on our email or live chat and we are happy to send you one at no cost.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 106 76.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back