Simplicity Extension

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2016
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
455
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Simplicity skimmer and I need some distance between the controller box and the actual skimmer. This is that unique 3 pin twist cap connector and not the power cord. Does anyone know what kind of cable this is and where to get? @Simplicity Aquatics thanks!
 
Decided to just pick up the phone and call them. Amazingly a human picked up the phone for me to ask the question. Answer for anyone else looking for this is NO that cable does not exist. The support person described a new problem with a longer wire would require a larger gauge cable from skimmer pump body to controller. Anything less may impact the pump performance so not as simple as adding an extension to the middle of the circuit. Said I wasn't the first person that has asked this question, but a cable does not exist for Simplicity. Not sure I fully agree to the comment as extension cables exist for gyres and other powerheads to get folks across larger tanks. No go for now.
 
Here's the exact cord you're looking for. I did a few electrical tests and there is no loss in power and I have been running the skimmer for a few months with the extension cord.

10ft Extension Cable from Controller to Pump for Quiet Submersible and External 24V DC Water Pump, 20AWG https://amzn.to/3XiEGtQ
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new