Why my wrasses are hiding since the bad weather started last fridsy

• Total voters

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers out there, am having an issue with my wrasses since last Friday is being dry stormy ⛈ here in Miami and since them my three ferry wrasses are hiding under the rocks they don't come out not even to eat, please any advise or help me what to do. Thank You

masssnapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well animals/fish can sense stuff like that, barometric pressure and stuff. Maybe they mistook it for a hurricane ?

OP
OP
Javier Leon

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers out there, am having an issue with my wrasses since last Friday is being dry stormy ⛈ here in Miami and since them my three ferry wrasses are hiding under the rocks they don't come out not even to eat, please any advise or help me what to do. Thank You
Thank you! That make sense, is been crazy down here raining all day and night with some lighting storms

OP
OP
Javier Leon

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well animals/fish can sense stuff like that, barometric pressure and stuff. Maybe they mistook it for a hurricane ?
Well today two of them came out to eat very anxiously but the colors are good and still fat , good sign, Thank You for your tip. KEEP REEFING

Birdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of animals go into hiding when there are storms brewing. Most animals can go a few day without eating and be fine. I am sure they were picking on left overs and getting what they can without you seeing. You rarely see wildlife before/during/right after a storm because they are hiding.

OP
OP
Javier Leon

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of animals go into hiding when there are storms brewing. Most animals can go a few day without eating and be fine. I am sure they were picking on left overs and getting what they can without you seeing. You rarely see wildlife before/during/right after a storm because they are hiding.
Good advice,Thank You a, doing this hobby for a year and a half so am like a baby here taking every step at a time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back