Single arm XR30 RMS rail

  • Thread starter Thread starter shadyraro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shadyraro

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2022
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the length of the XR30 rail that the light attaches to? I've read that they are longer then the XR15 rails like I have and I want to relocate my light towards the centre of my tank more, but the XR15 rail is to short. Thanks.
 
Does anyone know the length of the XR30 rail that the light attaches to? I've read that they are longer then the XR15 rails like I have and I want to relocate my light towards the centre of my tank more, but the XR15 rail is to short. Thanks.
You get 2 rails with the XR30 RMS mount.
 
One is longer, one is shorter - so you can have them set at the same distance as the XR15. I have both in my tank all perfectly aligned.
Ok. I thought the XR30 mount came with an extended length longer than the XR15 rails.
 
Yes it does (for wider tanks), but also a shorter rail to match the XR15 RMS kit.
That’s the one I’m talking about. My Cade is 700 wide and with the longest xr15 rail it doesn’t quite get to the centre of my tank. And I remember reading somewhere people were using the xr30 rails on their xr15’s to get more length.
 
That’s the one I’m talking about. My Cade is 700 wide and with the longest xr15 rail it doesn’t quite get to the centre of my tank. And I remember reading somewhere people were using the xr30 rails on their xr15’s to get more length.
Ah, gotcha. Yes, the XR30 RMS kit does have the longer rail that will probably be ideal for your Cade 700.
 
Nice, you wouldn’t happen to know the length of that extended rail at all?
Offhand, no - as I'm using the shorter ones. I know it's at least 4" longer (possibly more) than the XR15 rail. I could probably venture downstairs and dig one out if you need the exact length?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new