Single brown spongy tentacle coming from rock

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
1,566
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spotted this 'thing' and I have no idea what it is. It is growing in a couple different spots on this particular rock, the one pictured is by far the longest. It is slightly translucent, brown in color, ugly as sin.
 
Did you mean to include a picture?
 
Did you mean to include a picture?
LOL I had the intention to do so, yes.
Here it is:
zmvzDiO.jpg
 
Does it remind you of anything?
 
LOL
Definitely more sponge-like. I searched both the sponge and tunicate before posting, but it doesnt look like either. Theres no opening at the top and it doesn't have any appendages. Literally looks like a brown tentacle growing right out of the rock.
 
Nuke it from space!!!!!! Looks like it giving us the finger! Man I can't wait to put live rock in my tank and find odd stuff like this! That's it...i am calling in sick tomorrow and doing the plumbing!
 
Nope, just happens to be next to it. I was able to swipe the bubble away, the sponge remained.

EDIT: Pods are crawling all over it and its about half the size it was 30 minutes ago. Yay pods.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new