Single white dot on fin

oldschoolgoods

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this lil white dot on the bottom of his tail fin look concerning? I recently got him and didn’t notice in the store. I am not able to quarantine due to us having a small apartment atm. I have ocd and am just worried. From what I’ve read one single white dot like this is likely from an injury or nothing to worry about I am just looking for others opinions.



IMG_1084.jpeg
 
Does this lil white dot on the bottom of his tail fin look concerning? I recently got him and didn’t notice in the store. I am not able to quarantine due to us having a small apartment atm. I have ocd and am just worried. From what I’ve read one single white dot like this is likely from an injury or nothing to worry about I am just looking for others opinions.



IMG_1084.jpeg

I don’t see anything alarming, but can you circle the spot you are seeing?
 
Does this lil white dot on the bottom of his tail fin look concerning? I recently got him and didn’t notice in the store. I am not able to quarantine due to us having a small apartment atm. I have ocd and am just worried. From what I’ve read one single white dot like this is likely from an injury or nothing to worry about I am just looking for others opinions.



IMG_1084.jpeg
If its the spot I think I see, looks to be a sand grain and of little concern. Ich will multiply each 24 ours.
 
Right in the center of that circle.



IMG_1084.jpeg

Yes, I can see that. Could be an ich spot, but as mentioned, could just be a sand grain.

With ich, the spots will come and go every day or so - changing location and generally increasing in numbers until the fish becomes sick.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new