single XR30 in a reefer 250?

The JLP Experience

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2021
Messages
70
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys - I've got a reefer 250 w two ReefLED 50s installed. I'm just getting started with corals (got my first few softies) but I do hope to pivot to SPS soon.

I found a really nicely priced XR30 G4 blue (not pro). Would this do the trick for my tank? It would be nice to have a single light mounted to the overflow to minimize clutter.

I guess the second question here is whether I'm all set with the ReefLED 50s for SPS.

Thanks in advance!
 
I’ve got the XR30 G4 pros in my big tank and I think they cover around 36 inches and your tank looks like it has a length of 35 inches or thereabouts so it’s right on the limit

I would probably do a little more research on the ecotech web site on coverage just to be sure

I have to say they are very nice lights, well as far as lights go!

As far as the reef led 50’s if there made by Red Sea I’m sure they will be fine anyway and this is their schedule I’ve always used in my S650 other than I go blue in the evenings

4950DA7E-C0BA-4A7A-A2A6-B4F2AD86A273.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new