Sit back and enjoy!

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am SPS addicted!my tank is just over 2 years old(150 gal)and i have spent ALOT of time buying corals both online and at my LFS.but i have finally reached a plateau.I scaped my tank very specifically with negative space and have finally run out of room for any new additions.I have collected alot of sticks from my wish list and they have grown out from frags to nice size colonies as a matter of fact i have just begun to trim things back !I am finally coming to a point where i am just sitting back and enjoying my tank as it is without looking for that next piece to purchase.It is a relaxing feeling and I feel that the tank is doing so well thats its basically on cruise control and i am sitting back and enjoying the ride.
FullSizeRender(9).jpg

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I am planning a 150 upgrade. After seeing that...now I really can't wait :)

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sadly cannot sit back and enjoy my tank for too long, I start getting the itch for a new coral or critter pretty quickly! I'll even bargain with myself, like telling myself I can get this one awesome coral by trading in these two other ones so I have even more room for corals later on down the line!

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I upgraded to my red sea 525 the only place I had left was by the dining room table. It also happens that it is in full view while I'm cooking in the kitchen. Now I take time to sit in front of it all the time! Having a seat in front of the tank (rather than the couch with TV and tank to the side or back) reminds me to sit and enjoy the tank.

Now if mine only looked as great as yours!

OP
OP
authentic

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Porthole for my viewing pleasure...ive had it for a long time,recently saw one in my LFS and commented how much i enjoy it and the owner said it had been in his display for a long time and no one even looked at it.
I too can not get a bigger tank..its in my mancave and when i had it built i didn't check the doorway and turn in...i think i had about 1/4 of an inch leeway,definitely the biggest tank i will ever get into the room.

ATI 8 bulb 60in with 2 reefbrite xho blues

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wonder how long the nirvana will last till you reach into your tank to change something..... not to jinx you, but I've long ago accepted the fact that if it wasn't actually a hobby, I'd be like a slave to my fish tank...

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porthole for my viewing pleasure...ive had it for a long time,recently saw one in my LFS and commented how much i enjoy it and the owner said it had been in his display for a long time and no one even looked at it.
I too can not get a bigger tank..its in my mancave and when i had it built i didn't check the doorway and turn in...i think i had about 1/4 of an inch leeway,definitely the biggest tank i will ever get into the room.

ATI 8 bulb 60in with 2 reefbrite xho blues
pardon my ignorance...what the heck is a 'porthole'...can you let me have a link pls

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back