Sitting at the airport waiting to pick up 200lbs of kp aquatics premium live rock how exciting !!!!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I’m gunna call it somewhere between 0 and .25 definitely not 0 in person which is why most choose Hanna cause it’s more precise
"Somewhere between 0 and .25" on an API ammonia test is the same as zero...

2KrazyKidz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see an update on this post. Did you have much more die off after the last week or so? How does the rock look now? Lots still alive I hope?

you really went through a tough couple days/ week there.

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So out of curiosity I wanted to know what my nitrates are at so I tested them today and I’m get a reading of about 10-12 nitrates on nyos test kit. Was wondering what you guys think would be a good reading?
Curious If anyone has any input on this

Piscans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had only 10 pounds shipped in water. The KP rock is awesome. You will definitely have hitchhikers, but you're well prepared it looks like.
get a big pond,
So as the title says I’m waiting in my truck for 200lbs of kp rock to be unloaded from airplane. I haven’t ordered live rock in 12 years so I’m very excited. I made my decision to go with kp due to all the great reviews on this fourm. All 200lbs are going into my 10 year old 350 gallon system because I feel my bio diversity over time has been drastically lowered and or killed from my neglect of many years of not knowing what I was doing. I’ve set up a separate 80 gallon frag tank that will be completely filled and only used for filtration and bio diversity straight from ocean. I’ve heard this is what tanks with old tank syndrome need to start doing better again. I have tried bottles bacteria with not much success so figured can’t get any better then this.
so with that being said I e set up a 100 gallon horse troff to cure the rock a little beacaue I know there will be some die off and I will have a 40 gallon Breeder plum to it with a motion sensed WebCam that I will be inspecting all the rocks for unwanted hitchhikers before placing into the 80 gallon frag tank in my system. So far all I have is pictures of the empty hundred gallon container waiting for me to come home in a couple hours.
3D9D1035-66BC-4DBB-878A-B074208180C6.jpeg
793FD021-C371-441D-A08D-45E6B8ADFC6A.jpeg
D651283E-A2DA-4813-B40A-861396EA706E.jpeg
put all the stuff that comes out of the live rock in 1 tank in an octagon & have them fight until one comes out on top!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got LR I did daily water changes as well as dunking each piece of LR in another bucket of water to get all the ocean debris out of the LR everyday, I would examine the bucket/buckets at the end to either keep or get rid of the hitchhikers at the bottom. I think this help keep the water clear and the smell down. I didn’t have anywhere near the amount you ordered so I could see how that would be a heavy task.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back