Six Line wrasse and fire shrimp

JBS92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked it up before buying a six line wrasse and saw that it would be ok in the tank with a fire shrimp. Well yesterday the Sox line wrasse and Mai tai clown I have teamed up to torment my fire shrimp. And this morning he was dead.

I have a small tank and am finding that I’m having territory issues more so than I should so I might just break down this tank and move everything ti a 55 gallon. Or should I keep the murder fish in the little tank and start the 55 gallon as my display from now on?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I looked it up before buying a six line wrasse and saw that it would be ok in the tank with a fire shrimp. Well yesterday the Sox line wrasse and Mai tai clown I have teamed up to torment my fire shrimp. And this morning he was dead.

I have a small tank and am finding that I’m having territory issues more so than I should so I might just break down this tank and move everything ti a 55 gallon. Or should I keep the murder fish in the little tank and start the 55 gallon as my display from now on?
That’s weird as I have both and no issues. Small spaces can present challenges but still weird

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a banded, cleaner and fire shrimp in my tank with 6 line and no issues.

Are you sure its not molt skin?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now that I think about it, my fire shrimp was crawling on my palythoa coral. Maybe it got palytoxin poisoning?
Likely not but may have been looking for food

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a peppermint shrimp I added with a clown pair in a nano, they killed him…like above small spaces present weird environments

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You admit its a small tank, so how small? If you put fish into a tank thats smaller than they require, then they will act differently than expected, usually aggressively.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back