Six Line Wrasse

KoTS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I had a fairy and she got along great with my clown pair. I don't know about how good they are with pests compared to the six line. The wrasse lover thread is a great read if you want to learn more!

OP
OP
hawkbait

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I had a fairy and she got along great with my clown pair. I don't know about how good they are with pests compared to the six line. The wrasse lover thread is a great read if you want to learn more!

I'm thinking about getting a springer damsel to handle the pest instead (worms and what not) and get a mandarin for pod control. I'm thinking about getting a pink streak wrasse or a fairy wrasse and calling it good.

U

User1

View Badges
Six lines are fine. You just have to set up the tank properly to keep them. They are constantly foraging for food hovering over the rocks, stopping, looking, darting in, out, and eating all along the way. If the tank isn't as mature nor has a lot of coral and algae covering the rocks it makes it a bit more difficult to simulate their natural environment. This clearly isn't helping you, right?

To catch it - as many already suggested a fish trap with some tasty food should do the trick. However, you have to be patient and give it a couple days. It isn't going to happen over night. A clear plastic soda or water bottle with the top cut off, and inverted, usually work. You cut the cap and neck off, flip it over, secure, fill with tank water, place a cube of food or something really good like LRS frozen, and put it near a rock. Don't forget to attach a fishing line to it so you can pull once it enters. The key is to not set it right away. Put the food in so it can enter and exit safely. Once it does this then set the line and food - you will be good.

I just captured a lavender tang using this method and it took 3 days. It also helps to reduce feeding if not all feeding so it will be more hungry and prone to enter. If this fails then your only choice will be to remove corals, rocks, and even water to safely net. This falls into the re-homing of fish not properly sized for the tank :D Yes, you can rehome. However, you first have to catch it...

Great fish with proper environment. Similar to damsels. If you want a wrasse a yellow coris is a good choice. You want something unique you can go for a possum although you may not see it every day.

Eaglepenguinz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently acquired a six line wrasse, he has killed a coral banded shrimp and is terrorizing my clowns. How do I catch the little guy? Also what would be a nice replacement fish for him, that isn’t a wrasse hole?
my six line doesn't bother the clownfish... i have lost 3 cleaner shrimp but not sure of that is related or not

Tunk11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres how I catch all my fish. It's a little pricey but it also serves as a acclimation box when introducing new fish into a tank. It's large enough to fit tangs. All you have to do is put some shrimp inside as bait

Large Fish Trap for Aquariums/Acclimation Box

Screenshot_20200712-000459_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back