Sixline+ruby dragonett tankmates?

Hunter2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 55 gallon reef tank, I am looking at seeding it with pods and then getting a ruby dragonett. But I do have a sixline wrasse in the tank allready, and I have read mixed reviews on if they can be kept together or not. My wrasse was added very early to the tank and I have never observed him picking on other fish, so agression isint my worry. But I dont want him to out compete the dragonett for food. thoughts? any advise is greatly apreciated!

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will both eat pods, but nearly all fish ignore dragonets so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Upvote 0

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be surprised how fast a sixline wrasse will destroy a tank's pod population.
I keep 3 wrasses, a pair of green mandarins, a butterfly fish, and 2 dwarf angels that all pick at the rocks in my 150 and can see lots of pods on the glass. I also dose a lot of phytoplankton.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hunter2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep 3 wrasses, a pair of green mandarins, a butterfly fish, and 2 dwarf angels that all pick at the rocks in my 150 and can see lots of pods on the glass. I also dose a lot of phytoplankton.
For just a sixline and a dragonet, how often would u recommend dosing like phyto feast? If they do well I might get another to pair my dragon

Upvote 0

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For just a sixline and a dragonet, how often would u recommend dosing like phyto feast? If they do well I might get another to pair my dragon
I culture my own phytoplankton (it’s really easy). I dose 1/4 to 1/2 gallon daily in my 150. If you want to really feed your tank the most economical route is to setup your own culture.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hunter2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I culture my own phytoplankton (it’s really easy). I dose 1/4 to 1/2 gallon daily in my 150. If you want to really feed your tank the most economical route is to setup your own culture.
Wow that's alot, I have a 55 gallon and only 2 pod eating fish, and don't rlly have the setup to make my own, but just the standard dosage for phyto feast weekly would be good?

Upvote 0

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's alot, I have a 55 gallon and only 2 pod eating fish, and don't rlly have the setup to make my own, but just the standard dosage for phyto feast weekly would be good?
I don’t know what the standard dosage is. I would think you might need to dose more if you’re trying to grow the population.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back