Sixline Wrasse and aggression

justrock79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had their sixline wrasse go after a skunk cleaner shrimp or blood shrimp?

Just wondering from reading about how aggressive they can be.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one with a skunk cleaner and a blood cleaner, over a year, no problem. I know what everyone post but I’ve had on in my tanks for over 17 years, no problem. Lucky or the type of fish I pick to share the tank? Idk.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one with a skunk cleaner and a blood cleaner, over a year, no problem. I know what everyone post but I’ve had on in my tanks for over 17 years, no problem. Lucky or the type of fish I pick to share the tank? Idk.
They are little work horses too huh

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, my Sixline has been great so far (about 8 months), I just don't want to be buying expensive food if that's all they will be.
I hust dropped a small peppermint shrimp in mine and my 6 line went over and stared at him close up for a minute then left him alone with no issues.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are little work horses too huh
That is what makes them so much fun, always on the hunt! I have never had a flatworm problem in all the years, and I know I couldn’t have been that lucky as to not had some introduced. I’m glad you have my back on the six line issue. I was kinda shocked when I got back into the hobby in 2021 at all the negativity my favorite little fish gets.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what makes them so much fun, always on the hunt! I have never had a flatworm problem in all the years, and I know I couldn’t have been that lucky as to not had some introduced. I’m glad you have my back on the six line issue. I was kinda shocked when I got back into the hobby in 2021 at all the negativity my favorite little fish gets.
Yea kind of surprised so many people report issues with them mine is a model citizen. I have 5 wrasses and my big rohmboid seems to be getting a little meaner with age but actually my midas blenny does more chase away and even attempted fin bites then any fish in the tank.

OP
OP
J

justrock79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea kind of surprised so many people report issues with them mine is a model citizen. I have 5 wrasses and my big rohmboid seems to be getting a little meaner with age but actually my midas blenny does more chase away and even attempted fin bites then any fish in the tank.
Our Sixline has always been good, but our YWG gets super protective of his home area. Have seen him chase others away and fin bite.

Back