Size of Z & P Polyps

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is one of my colonies. looking at this picture i feel like renaming them with that awesome pink on the edge lol.
8632009108_2274f72602_c.jpg

This is my friends colony after being in my tank for a few months. The skirt shrunk. They're not as bright as mine but getting there and they got almost as big as mine.
8630906613_efce7f9f9d_c.jpg

Last edited:

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
joshporksandwic, you have very good size polyps, amazing. Would you mind sharing what you are dosing (vit C, carbon source, amino acid?), and photoperiod?
I used to dose vit c but stopped out of lazines and everything seems to be doing ok. I add fuel to the fish food and my photoperiod is 3 hrs halide, 1 hr vho and 10hrs blue leds. Will be upgrading to all led this month so RIP to all my corals lol.

icemountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ those are some great colors joshporksandwicand I am thinking of following your lighting schedule for bit and see if that makes a difference in my zoas. Would that schedule also be okay for SPS or do they need longer full daylight hrs? Some of my polyps are small and I would like them to get a bit bigger like yours.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ those are some great colors joshporksandwicand I am thinking of following your lighting schedule for bit and see if that makes a difference in my zoas. Would that schedule also be okay for SPS or do they need longer full daylight hrs? Some of my polyps are small and I would like them to get a bit bigger like yours.

I've noticed that blue or purple sps do awesome in my tank a lot of the others not so but i don't have that many to see how they do longterm.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back