Skimmate for gardening?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jekyl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
12,734
Reaction score
16,780
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever try it? Is there something that wouldn't be good for plants involved? Kind of seams like it would be pure fertilizer.
 
Following
 
How much salt it actually being transfered though? I never have salt crusted inside the cup.
 
Salt stops plants ability to uptake magnesium, which will kill some. Some plants tolerate salt better than others, and not sure if it’s enough salt to do damage
 
Salt was also my concern which is why I'm asking
 
I think salinity depends on how wet or dry you are skimming, maybe try skimming really dry and use that
 
I think salinity depends on how wet or dry you are skimming, maybe try skimming really dry and use that
Good point. Just wonder how much is too much. Maybe dry too much also.
There is definitely salt in skimmate. Don’t ask me how I know
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new