Skimmer airline outside

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's everyone doing to keep the air quality of air from outside to the skimmer? This past week I added another media reactor with carbon to help filter out the smoke from the wild fires. In Canada. Although in in Iowa. They advised us to limit going outside for long periods of time. So if it's not good for humans it's not good or my fish.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's everyone doing to keep the air quality of air from outside to the skimmer? This past week I added another media reactor with carbon to help filter out the smoke from the wild fires. In Canada. Although in in Iowa. They advised us to limit going outside for long periods of time. So if it's not good for humans it's not good or my fish.
When heavy fire smoke hits us here, I disconnect the outside airline from the skimmer and just use indoor air and CO2 absorber.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a CO2 scrubber attached to my skimmer, but if I did pull from outside I would shut it down for now. I am currently in the danger zone ATM.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back