Skimmer and heaters for 220g

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just a quick question I will be placing my order for my new tank and it will be 200-220g with about a 45-55g sump. Trying to find out which skimmer and heaters I should be looking at with all the sales going on. Eyeing the 220-sss but reading it goes up to 180 heavy load. This will be sps dominant and do plan on fully stocking it is this an appropriate skimmer or should I be looking at something bigger as I don’t want to go too much under.

As for heater was thinking x2 brs300w since I use inkbird?

thank you much

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would go with a bigger skimmer. For heaters I don't have any experience with the BRS heaters. I am running 2 300 watt jager heaters in my 190 gallon system and I have them staggered and the second one doesn't run very much at all so I would expect that should be sufficient. In the winter our home gets down to the low 60s and I have not had a problem at all with the tank holding 78.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would go with a bigger skimmer. For heaters I don't have any experience with the BRS heaters. I am running 2 300 watt jager heaters in my 190 gallon system and I have them staggered and the second one doesn't run very much at all so I would expect that should be sufficient. In the winter our home gets down to the low 60s and I have not had a problem at all with the tank holding 78.
Here is my heater usage over the past week and the tank temps.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.25.08 AM.png

OP
OP
Betex

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's what I was thinking as well but seems like theres some gaps between 150-200g tanks from the 220 it jumps to

Regal 250SSS 10" Space Saving Protein Skimmer (VarioS) - Reef Octopus - Bulk Reef Supply

So still trying to figure out which size fits best without going way big

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back