Skimmer Cable Frayed

spartanman22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2014
Messages
984
Reaction score
732
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 10 year old Tunze 9004 DOC stopped working this week. I pulled it to see if maybe the impeller was just stuck and found the pump in this condition. Turned it back on and the skimmer pump fired back up. My gut says this should be thrown away with the pump cord in this condition. Can someone please validate my gut feeling!

IMG_8510.jpeg
 
I personally wouldn't use it, it SHOULD be ok, as those internal wires aren't open to the air, BUT I wouldn't want them to start cracking etc. Not too familiar with the skimmer, is it feasible to swap the pump?
 
My 10 year old Tunze 9004 DOC stopped working this week. I pulled it to see if maybe the impeller was just stuck and found the pump in this condition. Turned it back on and the skimmer pump fired back up. My gut says this should be thrown away with the pump cord in this condition. Can someone please validate my gut feeling!

IMG_8510.jpeg
Reach out to Roger at Tunze. He should be able to help you source a replacement pump so you don't have to throw the entire skimmer away. @rvitko
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new