Skimmer choice

  • Thread starter Thread starter bink177
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bink177

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve finished setting up my sump but I still have to add a skimmer. My display tank is a 60 gallon breeder (48.5" x 18.5" x 18")and my sump is the trigger systems crystal 30 sump (30" x 12"x 15", 21 gallons).

I plan on having a mixed reef and stocking this tank with a pair of clownfish and a one spot foxface. I’ll add more smaller fish but I still haven’t decided on which.

Which skimmer should I get? I’d prefer to stay on a smaller budget and I’m looking for more of a value product instead of the best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new