Skimmer choice

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for advice. I am looking at 2 different skimmers for my new tank. Its a 90 gallon.
The skimmer choices are

1. Red Sea Berlin Turbo Protein Skimmer
2. Coralife Super Skimmer

Please need advice
Thank you

mvite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with the Berlin but I have been using the CSS220 along with a Euro Reef for about 2 years now.

Up until about a month ago---I had no problems with the CSS and the performance really gave the higher priced ER a run for the money.

But recently--some stupid adjustment issues that I have made--have caused the CSS to overflow and drain half of my system!!! (Eh...it was only 80 gallons....give or take...)

The CSS seems to be very affected by water level. But so are most skimmers. I got the hang of it and haven't had many issues.

I use the CSS as a "hang on"---put it in your sump and no sweat---save some bucks!

I am torn because I really loved the CSS up until it nearly flooded my basement!! :D

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my CSS 65 for the price that it was ($50). Water level cant be to high....5-7inches or so i have mine at, any higher or it wont perform well at all. I have learned to not adjust it at all and just put it in as it was in the box. I have it in sump....:)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 83 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.2%
Back