Skimmer decision help

Scallopking

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
436
Reaction score
632
Location
Cleveland, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help deciding which one. I like the XFlo but have never used it before. It would pair with the Vectra pump. It’s a lot costlier though. But I am also leaning towards the regal 250sss heavily. Inputs are appreciated. I do like the Venturi skimmer like the old days. I keep going back and forth for weeks now. So got to pull the trigger soon for Black Friday. The XFlo isn’t on sale either. Thanks.


IMG_0045.jpeg
 
Looks like you got a good sized tank - congrats! For me, I would buy the biggest skimmer that I cannot afford or fit in the sump! :)

Thanks! I got a new Waterbox 190.5 a few months ago but reused the skimmer from the old tank I had before moving. It’s keeping up but not enough air draw. Each of these maxes out the whole space. I have to move my carbon reactor to fit them all.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new