Skimmer for EXT 100?

Frigideus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
125
Reaction score
54
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be a good skimmer to buy for the IM EXT 100?

I had been previously looking at the Reef Octopus eSsence s-130 and classic 150INT skimmers, but I saw multiple people say that both of these skimmers can be loud.

I'd really like a quiet skimmer, so what do you friendly folk recommend for this?
 
I see a few people run the Reef Octo 200 Elite and don't complain about noise.
 
Tunze 9410 dc skimmer is quiet and as set and forget as they come.
Has anti overflow, neck is attached to the cup for easy removal and cleaning.
No need to turn off when feeding.
 
Tunze 9410 dc skimmer is quiet and as set and forget as they come.
Has anti overflow, neck is attached to the cup for easy removal and cleaning.
No need to turn off when feeding.
this thing looks like a beast, definitely considering now. thanks!
 
this thing looks like a beast, definitely considering now. thanks!
I have ran them for the last 8 years. I run a 9430dc on my ext170, which is a real beast. I run 2 9410dc's, 1 on my ext 50 and one on my rs170.
 
What would be a good skimmer to buy for the IM EXT 100?

I had been previously looking at the Reef Octopus eSsence s-130 and classic 150INT skimmers, but I saw multiple people say that both of these skimmers can be loud.

I'd really like a quiet skimmer, so what do you friendly folk recommend for this?
Ultra reef is a great option. Love mine. Only sound is the whisper of air pull. Continuously pumping out junk. Whatever you get go for some kind of overflow sensor. Ask me how I know 😅
IMG_3552.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new