Skimmer for my height restriction

Astromatix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a good in sump skimmer that is as silent as possible for my 29g display w/ 20g sump AND has to fit within 18.5” max height in my cabinet.

I’m at this annoying height in the sump cabinet where most of the popular brands are 18-22” and also need enough room to pull the collection cup off or needs wiggle room to adjust it to the right water height.

I’m looking for suggestions on a skimmer that would meet my needs with this forced restriction I’m dealing with. The Tunze 9410 has come up in my research but seems a bit pricey and perhaps overkill for my system? Bubble magus 3.5 maybe? Anything else out there that’s solid performer and quiet?

Thanks.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef octopus regals are silent! I cannot hear mine at all. Not sure on height though. You’d have to look at specs

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back