Skimmer for my height restriction

Astromatix

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
62
Location
North Vancouver, Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a good in sump skimmer that is as silent as possible for my 29g display w/ 20g sump AND has to fit within 18.5” max height in my cabinet.

I’m at this annoying height in the sump cabinet where most of the popular brands are 18-22” and also need enough room to pull the collection cup off or needs wiggle room to adjust it to the right water height.

I’m looking for suggestions on a skimmer that would meet my needs with this forced restriction I’m dealing with. The Tunze 9410 has come up in my research but seems a bit pricey and perhaps overkill for my system? Bubble magus 3.5 maybe? Anything else out there that’s solid performer and quiet?

Thanks.
 
The reef octopus regals are silent! I cannot hear mine at all. Not sure on height though. You’d have to look at specs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new