Skimmer for Nuvo 10

mbray94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had success using a skimmer on the Innovative marine Nuvo 10 other than the ghost skimmer. I do not want the ghost skimmer just because of the problems it has along with its price tag. I know I am limited in space but there has to be other options. I admit I do not want to do the weekly small water changes.

I want to do the water changes every two weeks, which is the same time as my other large tanks. I understand the performance is not the greatest with a small skimmer but anything that will help with some skimming would be helpful. HOB skimmers are out of the question. Thanks for taking the time to look.

telesonic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skimmer for Nuvo10

How much room is there in the skimmer chamber?
What are you willing to pay?
What is the water level in the skimmer chamber?

Cencalfishguy56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had success using a skimmer on the Innovative marine Nuvo 10 other than the ghost skimmer. I do not want the ghost skimmer just because of the problems it has along with its price tag. I know I am limited in space but there has to be other options. I admit I do not want to do the weekly small water changes.

I want to do the water changes every two weeks, which is the same time as my other large tanks. I understand the performance is not the greatest with a small skimmer but anything that will help with some skimming would be helpful. HOB skimmers are out of the question. Thanks for taking the time to look.
How about a pico skim 2.0? I picked one up for a future build have yet to try it out but I've heard great results for the fusions

DISC0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 but the chamber sizes are the same as the 10, I just have 2. I modded a CAD PLS-50 elite to fit in mine and it has been working great. Might be an option for you

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back