Skimmer Height Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter _cpate3_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

_cpate3_

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2023
Messages
450
Reaction score
305
Location
Trenton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that skimmers need to be set at a certain height and dialed in from there. I just picked up a aquamaxx ConeS Q2 for my new 90g setup. This might be a stupid question, but the recommended height is 8” but 8” from where? Where on the skimmer needs to be in 8”? Does it mean if my sump height is 11” I need to raise the bottom my 3”? Just making sure I understand correctly thank you!!!
 
I understand that skimmers need to be set at a certain height and dialed in from there. I just picked up a aquamaxx ConeS Q2 for my new 90g setup. This might be a stupid question, but the recommended height is 8” but 8” from where? Where on the skimmer needs to be in 8”? Does it mean if my sump height is 11” I need to raise the bottom my 3”? Just making sure I understand correctly thank you!!!
8” refers to water height (of skimmer submersion)!

Simply use a DIY stand under the skimmer if your sump water height is higher than that!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new