Skimmer Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have recently started a rimless frag tank and I want to put a skimmer on it. The problem I am having is that I head you can not hang stuff off of a rimless tank and the tank is only 8in tall. Does anyone know of a skimmer that would work for this set-up? I was looking at the Aqua Gadget SkimMate DeskTop Ghost Skimmer but I think it needs a higher water level to run.
 
Tank is 36x16x8 and yes there is room in the tank for a skimmer
 
Maybe you can do a skimmer with a depth requirements less than 8 inches. Ususally they require about 6 to 8 anyway and it should be fine. Get one with a pump in the skimmer for a smaller foot print.
 
Thanks, I'll see what I can find
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new