Skimmer help!!!!

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by FTLTim954, Feb 8, 2018.

1. FTLTim954

FTLTim954 Member

I have an eshops x-120 on my 60 gallon cube. It was working great then I did a water change. Now when the water keeps coming out of the top. I have played with the air flow and the amount of water coming out of the skimmer. Nothing has worked and its driving me crazy because its been doing it for about 2 weeks now. I tried letting it just run and hoped it would fix its self but bubbles are going through the return and into the tank which I am sure stresses the fish out. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. cmcoker

cmcoker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Just curious what salt you used? Somebody else recently posted their skimmer was doing similar after a water change with red sea salt..

3. FTLTim954

FTLTim954 Member

I use natural ocean water now but its funny you say that because I was thinking about switching to red sea pro

4. cmcoker

cmcoker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Ok, was just seeing if there was a trend starting. The other guy could have had a contaminate in his mixing bucket, who knows

Draft saved Draft deleted