Skimmer Icecap K-200 failure

alain Bouchard

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
422
Reaction score
695
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had this kind of issue with icecap brand line of skimmer? Looks like glue kinda dried and just cracked. The part broke when I tried to remove head for cleaning, without even forcing or anything. The skimmer is about 4 years old. Running for 1 week every months.

20220707_204145.jpg 20220707_204138.jpg
 
Anyone had this kind of issue with icecap brand line of skimmer? Looks like glue kinda dried and just cracked. The part broke when I tried to remove head for cleaning, without even forcing or anything. The skimmer is about 4 years old. Running for 1 week every months.

20220707_204145.jpg 20220707_204138.jpg
Have mine 2 years and trouble free but superglue or Weldon will work for repair
 
I might get flamed for this, but Icecaps are generally a lesser import brand and not an actual manufacturer. Coralvue bought up the name and basically "license" equipment from them with veto power/input on products (They own reef octo but have zero say so in design and products allegedly - full disclosure I love reef octo skimmers) - so the icecap brand is designed to fill a price point and like all price point brands, they are cutting costs to produce it at that price. With that in mind, I'd be happy with getting 3-5 years out of an icecap product. Personal opinion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new