Skimmer issues on a BM Curve 7!

Reefnman2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last Saturday I noticed my skimmer was producing no foam so on Sunday I pulled it out and did a thorough cleaning, placed it back in the sump and it was producing good foam, checked it Monday and no foam. Any idea what might be going on? Thanks.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you did these steps, but just wanted to double check all the easy culprits :)

1) When you cleaned the skimmer, did you inspect and ensure the piece that connects to your airline tubing did not have calcification on the nipple portion (front of the motor housing)- the bottom star in the picture
2) Did you try and blow through the silencer to ensure that area wasn't air locked (I'm assuming you cleaned up any possible salt creep)- top star in the picture
3) Did you disconnect and inspect the tubing where it enters the silencer for salt creep (middle star)

1594303053705.png

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also assuming the only issue is the bubble production- the water level in the skimmer and water output should be unaffected?

OP
OP
Reefnman2

Reefnman2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you did these steps, but just wanted to double check all the easy culprits :)

1) When you cleaned the skimmer, did you inspect and ensure the piece that connects to your airline tubing did not have calcification on the nipple portion (front of the motor housing)- the bottom star in the picture
2) Did you try and blow through the silencer to ensure that area wasn't air locked (I'm assuming you cleaned up any possible salt creep)- top star in the picture
3) Did you disconnect and inspect the tubing where it enters the silencer for salt creep (middle star)

1594303053705.png
2 and 3 check but I may not have paid enough attention to the airline tubing at the bottom I'll pull it out and double check everything in the morning thanks. Yes water level and output are ok.

OP
OP
Reefnman2

Reefnman2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1594303053705.png
It's rocking and rolling now! That was exactly it, the nipple on the air valve at the bottom was nearly blocked completely off, used a tiny screw driver and got it all cleaned out. Thanks for your suggestions!

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's rocking and rolling now! That was exactly it, the nipple on the air valve at the bottom was nearly blocked completely off, used a tiny screw driver and got it all cleaned out. Thanks for your suggestions!
Nice! Glad you're back in business!

Back