Skimmer not skimming

kerry t Walker

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Walsall
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a new return pump in my sump 2 days ago , I didn't alter anything else. Since then the skimmer hasnt skimmed , there's bubbles but they are not rising up into the collection cup. I have tried troubleshooting, open valve close valve , turn pump up etc no difference.
This morning I took the skimmer out of the sump and cleaned it put back together but still no difference. It's been over 48 hours now , what can I do ?
Is it possible that a mould releasing oil present in the new pump has contaminated the water?
Could this be the cause of the skimmer not skimming? What do you suggest ? TIA
 
I put a new return pump in my sump 2 days ago , I didn't alter anything else. Since then the skimmer hasnt skimmed , there's bubbles but they are not rising up into the collection cup. I have tried troubleshooting, open valve close valve , turn pump up etc no difference.
This morning I took the skimmer out of the sump and cleaned it put back together but still no difference. It's been over 48 hours now , what can I do ?
Is it possible that a mould releasing oil present in the new pump has contaminated the water?
Could this be the cause of the skimmer not skimming? What do you suggest ? TIA
Yeah, the addition of any new equipment can throw the skimmer off. It should correct itself in a couple of days. Welcome to R2R by the way :) :) !!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new